The Trap Content page is divided into the following tabs:
a) Pending – displays pending messages
b) Spam – displays spam messages. These are messages that you have labeled as “spam” and will be deleted from your Doteasy Email Protection System.
c) Non-Spam – displays non-spam messages. These are messages that you have labeled as “non-spam” and will be delivered to your mailbox.
d) Specific Incident – allows you to enter an incident ID to check on the status of a particular message.
e) Search – allows you to perform an advanced message search on attributes such as subject, sender, recipient, etc.
To view your pending messages, click on the Pending link.
1. To release a message, select Accept Message from the drop-down menu under Status and Action.
2. To reject a message, select Reject Message from the drop-down menu under Status and Action.
3. After you have chosen what to do with the trapped messages, click on the Submit Changes button. Messages you have chosen to accept will be delivered to your mailbox. Message you have chosen to reject will be discarded.
4. If you are not sure if a message is spam or not, click on the Subject to see the first part of the message body. This usually provides sufficient context for you to make the decision.
5. If you click on the message Date, a detailed analysis of why the message was held in the pending trap will be displayed.
6. Click on the sender address (the part before the “@” sign) to add a rule pertaining to that sender.
7. Click on the sender domain (the part after the “@” sign) to add a rule for that domain.
8. Click on the proceeding W to view a Whois record of the sender domain name.
8th of August, 2013