Doteasy Email Protection System can take specific actions based on the sender’s email address.
To see the sender rules list:
1. Click on Rules.
2. Select Senders. The Senders page appears.
a) Sender – the email address of a sender
b) Who – the use who last modified the sender’s disposition
c) Action – the action taken by Doteasy Email Protection System when a message from the sender arrives. Possible actions are:
· No Change – keep the current action
· Always Allow – always allow mail from this sender without scanning for spam. (note: dangerous attachments are still scanned and stripped)
· Always Hold for Approval – mail from this sender is always held for approval, even if spam-scanning does not flag it as spam.
· Hold if looks like Spam – this is the default action; mail from this sender will be held if it scores high enough on the spam scale
· Always reject – messages from this sender are always rejected with a permanent failure code.
· Delete from Table – the sender is deleted from the table. Also, Doteasy Email Protection treats the sender as if the setting Hold if looks like Spam had been used.
d) Expiry – You can specify the effective period of this rule.
e) Comment – allows you to enter a comment if you like. This can help you remember why you whitelisted or blacklisted a sender.
To set new actions, adjust the Action entries approximately and click on the Submit Changes button.
8th of August, 2013